Writing Assignments

Jump Start Your Photography:

1. Go to the movies
  2. Look at popular photoblogs
  3. Listen to your favorite music
  4. Shoot for a holiday time
  5. See an art show
  6. Shoot your favorite food
  7. Shoot your family
  8. Shoot a sporting event
  9. Read an (art) magazine
  10. Join a photowalk

Broad Museum Collection Image Critique:

Christopher Wool - Untitled, 2008, silkscreen ink on paper
The first thing I like about this picture are the colors being used because they seem like calming and relaxing colors. Secondly, I like how there isn’t a patter and each color line goes in its own direction. I also like how they added like a smeared mark effect with the grey color. Another thing that I like about the picture is that when I look at it, I am able to see many pictures of different things. Lastly, I like how the author kept the photo simple and didn’t try to overdue it with too many things going on.

2021 Social Media Trends:

• Show Your Audience Your “Reel” Brand Personality with Instagram Reels or TikTok – In this trend you will be doing short videos to make a quick and entertaining advertisement or entertainment video.
  • Make New Friends, But Keep The Old: Don’t Leave Long-Form Video Out – For this you should make longer videos in order to reel in the viewer and to gain exposure so that you gain a bigger audience.
  • Stories Capabilities Are Not Only Here to Stay, They’re Growing – This is saying that since social media platforms are growing, then so are the videos being posted on that platform.
  • Replace Face-to-Face Time with Screen-to-Screen Time – Screen-to-Screen time means to connect with people or an audience through virtual technology. An example of this is a virtual concert or a virtual meeting.
  • Make eCommerce Even Easier: Social Media Becoming a One-Stop Shop – This trend is talking about how social media is also becoming a platform for eCommerce. Nowadays you don’t even have to exit the social media app to buy something you saw on an add off of that social media platform.
  • When It Comes to Content Strategy, Knowledge is Power – This is talking about how knowing what is trending and what styles are gaining momentum to popularity is key to staying ahead.
  • Just Because You Can Go Text-Heavy on Facebook, Doesn’t Mean You Should – This means that you need to be careful whenever you are using long-form captions because it is easy for the caption to get disorganized and unfocused which is something the audience and reader does not want.
  • Keep What’s Behind the Brand and Behind the Screen at the Forefront: People – This means that giving the audience a real view of the brand is good as it shows the brands authenticity and therefore you are able to engage with the audience on a better level.

Critique of Student Website:

1. I am reviewing Oscar Aldaz’s website.
  2. It is actually really easy to navigate through his website since everything is marked and labeled.
  3. Yes, I find the background and the homepage picture eye catching enough to make me look at more things on his page.
  4. My favorite picture of Oscar is his oil painting one. I really like how he took a nice and simple picture and made it a lot nicer using oil paint to make the texture and detail of it look better.
  5. My advice would be to add a few more pictures to your homepage, like one of each style of photography that you do.

Job Hunting:

The types of jobs I would be most interested in is wildlife and landscape photography. This is because it is my favorite type of photography. Also, to be considered for these jobs, I am going to need previous experience in that field.